Best exaust for 3.4 v6 - Exhaust Product Reviews - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

Best exaust for 3.4 v6

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gkorn

Gkorn

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • First Name:Garrett
  • City:Arnold
  • State or Province:MO
  • Year: 1995
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 3.4 v6
  • Transmission: auto

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

I have been looking for a performance exaust kit and i want to know what i should get? i want something thats loud and i would like some performance with it something thats under 600$?

#2 SiknisIsInMe

SiknisIsInMe

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • First Name:Joel
  • City:St. George
  • State or Province:UT
  • Year: 1994
  • Engine: V6 3.4
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:53 AM

I have been looking for a performance exaust kit and i want to know what i should get? i want something thats loud and i would like some performance with it something thats under 600$?

My buddy is helping me restore my busted 94 V6 3.4. I trust him with cars more than anyone else I know. He explained to me in terms that I cannot duplicate with such grace why a magnaflow is better than the others. I can say that it is an unrestricted straight pass through the muffler and everything is stainless steel. I know they do not use fiberglass for the acoustical dampening material. I don't remember what they use though. The system is also precision welded to create an airtight and water tight seal to help with the rust issue. I am going to be doing a single in/dual out for my car. He looked and said that with the size pipe i have under there going to the muffler, I will be fine with a single pipe going back. That it won't make much of a difference if any. Its also really tight under the car so doing a true dual exhaust will be tricky if you do it. I myself would rather not have to worry about fuel lines and wires being to close to the exhaust pipe, so I am perfectly fine with his suggestions. Now, so that I don't sound so one sided with the brand, I and a die hard fan of the sound of FlowMasters. I love that beefy and loud sound. But the Mags do sound great, and I figure I'd rather have the performance over the extra sound. Flows have baffles inside that restrict the flow. It helps with the sound, but hinders the performance a little. Either way, you will be happy with your system, but with what I've learned and seen about them, and what I know about exhaust (which is no where near enough to say I'm an expert) I'm going with the MagnaFlow for my car. It is ultimately a matter of personal opinion, and it is your cash and car. I know there are a lot of people who will say I am dumb for choosing mags over flows, but they are the closed minded people who think they have the right answer for everything. I'm only telling you what I know and why I chose Mags. Get on youtube and you can hear the difference between the two. It may take some time to find good sound quality, but its there. Go look at the websites too, they are rather informational. And I'm sure if you really wanted to, you could call the companies, and ask them to tell you why to choose one over the other. Its a great tactic to get good prices, and great info. do some research and you'll find what you need to make a good decision. Good luck on your search. post pics and sound when you get it done. I'd love to hear it. I'm crazy about great sounding cars.

#3 joesperformance

joesperformance

Psycho Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1298 posts
  • First Name:joe
  • City:Dayton
  • State or Province:TX
  • Interests:CARS!! What else is there?
  • Year: 1998
  • Engine: 3.9l v6
  • Transmission: 6 spd

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

go to youtube and put in things like magnaflow exhaust camaro or firebird, then try borla exhaust camaro or firebird, then flowmaster exhaust camaro or firebird.

you get the idea hopefully, then u can listen to each of the sounds and see which u like best.

Me personally love the sound of the magnaflow catback's on the v6's, its a deep mellow sound and doesnt give that raspy sound at higher rpm's. if you go for a loud muffler, u might get raspy at higher rpms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users