Who wants to do a G2G - Kentucky - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo

Who wants to do a G2G

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 zombie_sauce

zombie_sauce

FBNCC Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts
  • First Name:Kansas
  • City:Bardstown
  • State or Province:KY
  • Interests:F-bodies, Tattoos, Piercings, Comic Books, Music, Guitars, History, makeup etc.
  • Year: 1998
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: 5.7L V8 LS1
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:07 AM

hey everyone,

So its gonna be winter soon and i know most of the birds are about to be stored away, so before the snow and hell come, How about we have a get together?

Somewhere that caters to everyones location. We also have a few new members in the area, so would be a great way to get some more club members.

So whatd you guys think?

#2 Jaysz28

Jaysz28

No man, with a good car, needs to be justified....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • First Name:Jason
  • City:Fort Myers
  • State or Province:FL
  • Interests:cars, computers..... and stuff
  • Year: 1991
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: LS1
  • Transmission: T56

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:23 AM

If only I were closer! LOL

be quite the trip to say the least

-jason

#3 zombie_sauce

zombie_sauce

FBNCC Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts
  • Interests:F-bodies, Tattoos, Piercings, Comic Books, Music, Guitars, History, makeup etc.

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:26 AM

If only I were closer! LOL

be quite the trip to say the least

-jason

haha no kidding!

#4 simo65

simo65

Firebird Master Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1136 posts
  • First Name:Rick
  • City:Pekin
  • State or Province:IL
  • Interests:CARS, sports, NHRA, my family
  • Year: 1965
  • Model: GTO
  • Engine: 461 Butler
  • Transmission: 4 spd

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:51 AM

Same. Love to see u guys. But, IL goin to see IA for Nov. We'll work it out soon though.
Enjoy the Ride.

Rick

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm."
George Orwell (tribute to the USN Submarine Force)

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English, thank a veteran.

RIP JAY Rest Easy

#5 2000formula

2000formula

Firebird Master Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3792 posts
  • First Name:Anthony
  • City:Mc Dowell
  • Year: 2000
  • Model: Formula
  • Engine: Ls1

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

i would love to still get this going. still wanna hang with ya kansas if the invitation is still good.Posted Image
2000 Firebird Formula

WS9 Ram Air Hood, SLP LID, SLP smooth bellow, K&N filter , SLP Loudmouth 3" exhaust, Pacesetter headers coated w/ matching y-pipe, Drilled / Slotted rotors, TB bypass kit, Strut tower brace, UMI B/O SFC'S, UMI LCA's, UMI panhard bar, UMI LCA relocation brackets, G5X3 Cam on a 114, 7.4 Hardened Pushrods, LS6 Ported Oil Pump, Ford Red Top 36 lb Injectors, KYB Adjustable Front and Rear Shocks, Eibach Pro Kit, TCI 3600 Stall, 3:73 Motive Gears, BMR Trans Cooler, 160* Stat, Patriot Gold Duel Springs, LS6 Timing Chain, LS6 Intake 380 hp
Chrome C6 Z06 wheels , Custom embroidered headrest, 208 amp powermaster alternator, Stainless steel chrome vent covers, Stainless steel chrome pillar peices that read 5.7 Formula
R.I.P Pete AKA Brother Rat
R.I.P JAY

#6 FSTLS1TA

FSTLS1TA

FBN Master Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4742 posts
  • First Name:John
  • City:Lafayette
  • State or Province:LA
  • Interests:Just working on cars and taking care of my daughters.
  • Year: 2000
  • Engine: LS1 Owns You
  • Transmission: Manual T56 6 Speed

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:54 PM

Would love to get together but I am almost 13 hours away from you.
Sold but not forgotten. 443rwhp/411rwtq, 12.11 at 115.57mph, 5% Black Tint all the way around, Black C6 Z06 Deep Dish Corvette Rims, Ventslide Black Taillight Covers, Pacesetter LT Headers with TSP Rumbler Exhaust, SLP Airlid with Holley Powershot Airfilter, SLP Smooth Bellow, Tuned By Ragin Racin, Descreened MAF EGR/AIR Delete, No CATS, BMR Subframe Connectors, Eibach Lowering Springs, SLP Bilstein Struts on the front, Comp Drag Shocks on the rear, UMI Lower Control Arms, UMI Panhard Bar, UMI Adjustable Torque Arm w. Driveshaft Safteyloop, Pro 5.0 Shifter with a Lou's Short Stick, SLP Line Lock, Powerslot Double Drilled and Slotted Rotors, LS7 Clutch with LS2 Flywheel, Mcloed Adjustable Master Cylinder,Taylor 10.4mm Race Wires, LS6 Intake and PP 85mm Throttle Body, Track Rims & Tires(Rear Weld Rims and M/T ET Streets, Front Summitracing Sports and Nexas Skinnies), PRC 5.3L Stage 2.5 CNC Ported Heads, ARP Head and Cam Bolts, Torquer V2 Cam, 37lb Fuel Injectors, LS7 Lifters, Harden Pushrods,Yella Terra Roller Rockers, JP LS2 Timing Chain, Ported LS6 Oil Pump, LS6 PCV System. Moser 9 Inch Rearend with 4.11 gears 31 Spline Axles and Detroit Tru-Trac Posi Unit.

Posted Image

#7 zombie_sauce

zombie_sauce

FBNCC Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

Im still waiting for the National FBNCC meet :12EMOTICHEERS:

that would be ammmmmazing

#8 birdsanctuary

birdsanctuary

Koolaid-Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
  • First Name:Heath
  • City:Forest City
  • State or Province:IA
  • Interests:Firebirds, cars in general, muscle cars, Harleys, custom built bikes, wolves, vampires, supernatural, metal and hard rock music, hanging out with good friends.
  • Year: 1978
  • Model: Firebird Formula
  • Engine: 403
  • Transmission: auto

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:06 PM

A national FBNCC meet would be awesome. The idea has been kicked around but no plans yet. I hope someday.Posted Image

I hope you can still get a KY chapter going Kansas. How is this coming?Posted Image
Posted Image

1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula
1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A true friend will be right there with you sayin' "Damn that was fun!"

RIP Jay. You will be missed by all.

#9 Doc Smith

Doc Smith

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 8316 posts
  • First Name:Bob
  • City:Spanaway
  • State or Province:WA
  • Interests:Have many interests and hobbies but my Top Five are Family, Firebird (79), Friends (New ones too), My Bike (Peace and Quiet), and Model Railroading.

We often take life for granted and I choose to live mine like today is the last day.
  • Year: 1979
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 301
  • Transmission: Automatic

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

A National G2G has been an ongoing event since before FBNCC ever came to light. The logistics and operational effect of 100 people would be challenging for even the seasoned organizer. However; some spontaneous G2G or Rally's have been very successful, even before they became annual events (ie: Sturgis, Daytona Beach, Myrtle Beach, etc.). All it would take is for someone to make a commitment and host a few of these G2G. The funding comes from FBNCC for the events, advertising, vending, real estate, etc. All people have to do is show up and enjoy. Of course everyone is responsible for a place to stay, food, transportation there and back, and commitment.

So, I'll bet you're asking, why the analogy? Well, with today's economy, the average person here being in their mid 20s to early 30s, and probably have a family or in school; a national G2G is a dream for these people. The task would be, how do you make the dream come true? :30tens:
Bob

(Doc Smith) - 'Mechanically challenged and doing my best'

2004 GTO, Phanton Black

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it."

"I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate." George Burns (1896-1996)

FBNCC - National Operations Member

When she's all done, it will look just like this:
1979 Formula, 301 ci TH350, Cameo White (under restoration)
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users