More Interest - Canada - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo

More Interest

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Davs Bird

Davs Bird

Firebird Tire Changer

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • First Name:Dave
  • City:Port Dover
  • State or Province:ON
  • Year: 1988
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 2.8 liter
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

Wanted to more start a thread to get more canadian input and conversation but did not know what to say or how to word it.
So I just gave up and typed this.
Maybe someone else can spark some conversation or at least some action.
Dave

Firebird Master Tech.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3915 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

you should get with PeteW he is in canada as well maybe start a canadian chapter of the fbncc

#3 FBN Firebird Nation

FBN Firebird Nation

Pontiac Firebird Trans Am and Formula Fan

• Administrator
  • 36186 posts
  • First Name:Clark
  • City:Sparks
  • State or Province:NV
  • Year: 2002
  • Make: Transmission
  • Model: Engine
  • Engine: Engine
  • Transmission: car

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:22 PM

I think a chapter of the FBNCC is the best way to get more action in Canada. I know we have a few members up there, but I also know that it's very spread out. If you get three local guys to start up a chapter, the rest usually falls right into place.

#4 Canhos

Canhos

Firebird Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • First Name:Mike
  • City:Chilliwack
  • State or Province:BC
  • Year: 1981
  • Model: Formula
  • Engine: 5.0L

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

Sorry Dave.
As you know, it's been a rather hot summer this year. As a result, my igloo has melted, requiring extensive remodeling of the entire community. My lead dog had a lame foot, so I've been trying to train my other bitch to take up the slack. Using her as a lead dog has proven interesting. (If you need some nice dogs, pups are coming soon) It's tough times. I really missed the annual snowball fight we used to have with the neighbouring community every August, but with the heat and all.....slush just isn't fun to have snowball fights with.

I have to go out now and try to figure out how to make a shelter for the dogs. All this wet ground is really a problem. How I miss the snow and ice!!!
Mike Gyger
Chilliwack, BC

Formula isn't mine, it's the wife's. She let's me work on it. FOR FREE!

#5 3birds

3birds

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • First Name:Rudolf
  • City:Edmonton
  • State or Province:AB
  • Year: 2001
  • Model: TA/WS6
  • Engine: 5.7l
  • Transmission: M6

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:25 PM

I thought B.C. is on fire. That would explain the snow melting and all the slush. Of course the slush is being shipped to Alberta and marketed through Mac's stores after a bit of flavor is added. I kind of understand you are upset with Global warming as we used to get 10 months of winter and 2 months of tough sledding now it is 9 months of winter and 3 months of tough sledding. It is so bad the ice bridge on the river was out on the way home so I had to take a run at it, thank god the car skipped twice and I made the other side. Of course it will be cold enough that it should freeze hard enough tonight that I can make it to work tomorrow. There is nothing better than living in the north.

Firebird Master Tech.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3915 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

dam and i thought iowa had troubles good luck guys!!

#7 Pete W

Pete W

Pete

• Account Disabled
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • First Name:Pete
  • City:Saskatoon, Canada
  • State or Province:SK
  • Year: 1969
  • Engine: 455
  • Transmission: Auto Turbo 400

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

It would be great to get a chapter going, hopefully I will get some interest here is Saskatoon.
Sure wish we weren't all so far apart.

#8 3birds

3birds

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • First Name:Rudolf
  • Year: 2001
  • Model: TA/WS6
  • Engine: 5.7l
  • Transmission: M6

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

On the serious side Pete W is right, we are quite spread out. From where I am Saskatoon is 5+ hours away. Toronto is 3 days away (36 hours?). Vancouver is 11 hours away. Unless we could have online meetings it would be kind of tough to get a chapter going. Toronto may have enough people to start a chapter. The clubs here are not that large. I do know Calgary has some type of Firebird club but are any members afiliated with Firebird Nation. The Edmonton Firebird club is kind of dormant but the website still exists. It would be interesting to see if starting a chapter would work.

#9 FBN Firebird Nation

FBN Firebird Nation

Pontiac Firebird Trans Am and Formula Fan

• Administrator
  • 36186 posts
  • First Name:Clark
  • City:Sparks
  • State or Province:NV
  • Year: 2002
  • Make: Transmission
  • Model: Engine
  • Engine: Engine
  • Transmission: car

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

On the serious side Pete W is right, we are quite spread out. From where I am Saskatoon is 5+ hours away. Toronto is 3 days away (36 hours?). Vancouver is 11 hours away. Unless we could have online meetings it would be kind of tough to get a chapter going. Toronto may have enough people to start a chapter. The clubs here are not that large. I do know Calgary has some type of Firebird club but are any members afiliated with Firebird Nation. The Edmonton Firebird club is kind of dormant but the website still exists. It would be interesting to see if starting a chapter would work.

Having online meetings is a great way to get started and once there is enough interest in your local area, you can then make the meetings in person. One thing I have noticed about starting an FBNCC Chapter is that once people actually start meeting and going to car shows as a group, the chapter really takes off.

Firebird Master Tech.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3915 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:17 PM

yes it does !!!

#11 Pete W

Pete W

Pete

• Account Disabled
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • First Name:Pete
  • City:Saskatoon, Canada
  • State or Province:SK
  • Year: 1969
  • Transmission: Auto Turbo 400

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:08 PM

Having online meetings is a great way to get started and once there is enough interest in your local area, you can then make the meetings in person. One thing I have noticed about starting an FBNCC Chapter is that once people actually start meeting and going to car shows as a group, the chapter really takes off.

That actually makes a lot of sense, I am going to send an e-mail to the Calgary Club informing them of the site.
I hope to round up some guys within the next couple of weeks here.

#12 Davs Bird

Davs Bird

Firebird Tire Changer

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • First Name:Dave
  • City:Port Dover
  • State or Province:ON
  • Year: 1988
  • Engine: 2.8 liter

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:06 PM

Hey Pete
Thats great I hope we can keep things going.
I am in southern Ontario if there is anything I can do let me know.

#13 Formula77

Formula77

Firebird Master Tech.

• Administrator
  • 1712 posts
  • First Name:Sean
  • Interests:Lots.
  • Year: 1977
  • Model: Formula Firebird
  • Transmission: TH350

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:58 AM

I have talked to a few guys from the Edmonton Firebird club, their biggest problem is a lack of organization. And when they do try to get a meet going, everyone is non-commitial. As for starting a chapter in the Edmonton Area, I know we have a few members from around here, Although I have not seen Mikemike on FBN in a long time, there is Also Sarah and myself here. If we can get a few more members we could make it fly. Never know what the future may hold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users