2000 firebird - Resolved V6 Issues - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo

2000 firebird

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Firebird Tire Changer

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

i was checkin for codes on my firebird i might have messed up though because i drove it down the street with it hooked up but idk. i get home my doors wont closed there locked i start it up starts fine but my ciagretlighter isnt workin and my interior light supposed to stay on when the door is open there on when i turn my motor off weird and my scanner port under the dash wont even turn the scanner on now. help?

Firebird Tire Changer

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:54 PM

and i been having problems the first onw was when i was driving it the other day my security light came on it wouldent start back i finally unhooked my battery and it started after 3 trys but now the a/c blows from the floorboard not the vents and my ciagreetligther isnt workin my scanner port under the dash isnt workin stereo is stayin on even when the key isnt even in the ignition. ive did some reasearch and i found out it be cause from the ignition module, i just had one put on because it was out the dealership put it on. wat could this be?

#3 Canhos

Canhos

Firebird Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • First Name:Mike
  • City:Chilliwack
  • State or Province:BC
  • Year: 1981
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Formula
  • Engine: 5.0L
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:01 AM

Your controls for where your blower blows is usually vacuum driven, not electrical. I'm almost willing to bet you have some burnt wires under the dash, and they have melted a vacuum hose.

Have a look for that. Sounds like you have some serious gremlins. THe only way to tackle these is to take your time, and go through things circuit by circuit. Patience is the key, and I doubt you will get a quick fix for this.
Mike Gyger
Chilliwack, BC

Formula isn't mine, it's the wife's. She let's me work on it. FOR FREE!

Firebird Tire Changer

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:03 AM

Your controls for where your blower blows is usually vacuum driven, not electrical. I'm almost willing to bet you have some burnt wires under the dash, and they have melted a vacuum hose.

Have a look for that. Sounds like you have some serious gremlins. THe only way to tackle these is to take your time, and go through things circuit by circuit. Patience is the key, and I doubt you will get a quick fix for this.

so its not my pcm going out. and wat kind of wires and would it cause all of those things i named off

Firebird Tire Changer

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

hey eberybody i got the doors fixed when i unhoooked the battery it locks the doors down because of antitheft and my electric problem is my spark plugs wires are bad because they hit the mainfold and burnt them and blowed the ignition module and 2 coil

#6 88gtman

88gtman

Firebird Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • First Name:"Scott"
  • City:Pensacola
  • State or Province:FL
  • Year: 1998
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: LS1
  • Transmission: Auto 4 speed 4L60E

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

hey eberybody i got the doors fixed when i unhoooked the battery it locks the doors down because of antitheft and my electric problem is my spark plugs wires are bad because they hit the mainfold and burnt them and blowed the ignition module and 2 coil

Hate it when stuff like that happens. Hopefully you will have it up and going in no time. Hope you are right and it fixes all your problems.
Speed Kills. Drive an import live forever.

98 Pontiac Trans Am A4
Granatelli air lid, Pro Products 85mm Throttle Body, BBK SSI Intake Manifold, TSP Long Tube Headers, TSP ORY, Hooker Areo Chamber Catback, Custom Tune, BMR LCA's, BMR strut tower brace, Founder's adjustable torque arm, Founder's Panhard Bar, RPM slotted rotors, and EBC Red Stuff brake pads.
1/8th mile - 8.7593 @ 82.72mph before Throttle Body, Tune, Headers, Y pipe. New times will be listed when I can get to a track.
321rwhp 327rwtq

Firebird Tire Changer

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

Hate it when stuff like that happens. Hopefully you will have it up and going in no time. Hope you are right and it fixes all your problems.

well i got the doors are fixed i wen tto the dealer and they wouldent chec it out or fixed it. i fixed it myself all it is was the spark plug wires one on #2 COIL it was hangin on the mainfold and it burnt it kinda causing high voltage for some odd reason i just bought autolite ones at autozone and i hook all of them up and kept the 5 old ones. its running fine also got the fuses all fixed, stereo, courtsey lights, doors, pcm, but havent figure out the a/c yet. anyways its fixed but i ahve a slight problem at take off and jumpes in rpms real high then shifts just in first gear on a automatic, might be slippin or something. but thats it thanx

#8 Klickmania

Klickmania

Thought about being apathetic but decided why bother?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts
  • First Name:Spencer
  • City:Cowpens
  • State or Province:SC
  • Interests:Love anything involving muscle cars, rat rods, hot rods, street rods, Kustoms, pinstriping, low-brow art, movies and music.
  • Year: 1979
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: 501 Pontiac Stroker
  • Transmission: Built T-56?

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

Good to see that you got it (mostly) sorted out! I take it your check engine light is gone now. :9sign2:

I dunno why the dealership wouldn't take a look at it though....sounds really iffy to me. I also can't remember if you replaced your PCV yet, or you just took it out to look at it. If not, I would replace that to see if the rpm thing gets fixed.

- Spencer
Posted Image

- 1979 Pontiac Trans Am -

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Adams

"The less you know, the more dangerous you are." - Bill Flemming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users