FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo
- - - - -

96 WITH CODE P1441😳😳 PLZ HELP

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ac7000

Ac7000

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • First Name:Antwon
  • City:St. Louis
  • State or Province:MO
  • Year: 1996
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 3.8
  • Transmission: Auto

Posted A week ago

Car runs perfect in park, I actually get the full effect of my cars acceleration. When driving I have to lightly press on acceleration to let the car get up to speed if I try to just punch it up to speed it starts sputtering any help will be gladly appreciated

#2 ZumpTA

ZumpTA

Firebird Master Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • First Name:Tony
  • City:Holiday
  • State or Province:FL
  • Year: 1993
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: LT1
  • Transmission: 6-Spd

Posted A week ago

http://www.firebirdn...code-on-my-car/

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
-- Jeremy S. Anderson

"Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft...
and the only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor."
-- Wernher von Braun

#3 Injuneer

Injuneer

Just Trying to Help

• Administrator
  • 12,339 posts
  • First Name:Fred
  • City:East Brunswick
  • State or Province:NJ
  • Interests:Card carrying member - NHRA and AARP!

Licensed Professional Engineer (Mechanical)
  • Year: 1994
  • Model: Firebird Formula
  • Engine: 381ci LT1 stroker
  • Transmission: TH400 + GV O/D

Posted A week ago

Fix the code. In effect, it"S a continuous vacuum leak. Not sure it's enough to cause the problems you describe, but fix the problem. The possibilities are a stuck open EVAP purge solenoid, a short in the wiring causing it to activate (open), the two lines on the solenoid are switched to the wrong position, vacuum detection switch is defective, or harness wires are shorted.

All of this is available in the 1996 factory service manual. There is a logic diagram showing how to work your way thru the diagnosis. You can download the manual free from this thread:

http://www.firebirdn...02-wiring-diag/

1994 FIREBIRD FORMULA

FRED

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC M48 Pro engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 74# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendors 0.78:1 O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

gallery_709_698_32777.jpg

#4 Ac7000

Ac7000

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted A week ago

I'm also getting p0300 for misfires maybe a bad coil pack I also need new fuel injections maybe these are playing a part as well , I went and bought a new solenoid and replaced it still has same issue also tried switching the wires around no change

#5 Injuneer

Injuneer

Just Trying to Help

• Administrator
  • 12,339 posts

Posted A week ago

Not switching the wires.... switching the vacuum lines at the solenoid.

Stop buying parts, without checking things per the guidelines in the factory manual, or even what the posts here are suggesting. Did you try blowing thru the solenoid? Did you look for carbon particle buildup? "Parts replacement roulette" is a very expensive was to chase a problem.

When you say you bought a new solenoid and "it was still the same issue", do you mean you cleared P1441 and it came back? Or do you mean it didn't solve the "light throttle" and "sputtering" problem? I tried to explain that I didn't think P1441 was causing your problems. You just needed to get rid of the vacuum leak.

How did you determine you need new fuel injectors?

1994 FIREBIRD FORMULA

FRED

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC M48 Pro engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 74# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendors 0.78:1 O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

#6 Ac7000

Ac7000

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 6 days ago

I apologize I meant vacuum lines when I said 'wires' I didn't try to blow through the solenoid exactly how would I do it and where to look for the carbon particle built up? And what I mean is I had the code cleared off and it came back only that p1441 and p0300
As for the fuel injectors a guy who used to do minor work on the car told me the code appeared before but me personally I've never seen it even up til this point

#7 Injuneer

Injuneer

Just Trying to Help

• Administrator
  • 12,339 posts

Posted 6 days ago

Which code did he say appeared before? P0300 indicates random misfires. It does not indicate the cause of the misfires - could be plug(s), plug wire(s), distributor, ignition coil, ICM, injector(s), sticky valve, weak compression, etc.. Don't see how P1441 could be related to the injectors.

1994 FIREBIRD FORMULA

FRED

#8 Ac7000

Ac7000

Firebird Newbie

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 4 days ago

I never personally seen the code as far as injectors I'm leaning more towards the bad coil , My wire which leads to cylinder 1 was eaten up so I put electrical tape on it the code cleared a few weeks later it came back instead of buying a new full set of wires I bought a piece of crap universal wire and it cleared again. It came back again so I just changed them all had the codes cleared and the p0300, p1441 came back

#9 Injuneer

Injuneer

Just Trying to Help

• Administrator
  • 12,339 posts

Posted 4 days ago

Plug wire? Never tape a high voltage (20,000 volts) ignition wire. Tape is useless in that situation.

1994 FIREBIRD FORMULA

FRED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users