Firebird Nation banner

Car Show near Houston April 18th

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TransAmer99 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you are located near the Houston are, we'd love to have you join us for "The Thrill of the Hill" first annual car show, sponsored by Greater Houston Soap Box Derby. It is an effort to reach out to the families of automotive enthusiasts who have youngsters and promote Soap Box Derby racing at the same time. The area is blessed with a dedicated derby facility in Hockley, NW of Houston, that replicates the exact length and slope of the famed 'Derby Downs' in Akron, Ohio where the Soap Box Derby World Finals are held each summer.

Product Motor vehicle Wheel Font Poster

Map Slope World Line Font

For more information, visit http://www.ghsbd.org

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
If you are located near the Houston are, we'd love to have you join us for "The Thrill of the Hill" first annual car show, sponsored by Greater Houston Soap Box Derby. It is an effort to reach out to the families of automotive enthusiasts who have youngsters and promote Soap Box Derby racing at the same time. The area is blessed with a dedicated derby facility in Hockley, NW of Houston, that replicates the exact length and slope of the famed 'Derby Downs' in Akron, Ohio where the Soap Box Derby World Finals are held each summer.

View attachment 121874

View attachment 121882

For more information, visit http://www.ghsbd.org
how can I find out any events in Houston?

#4 ·
Depends on where in Houston you are and how far you feel comfortable going for a show. On the far north side, Niftee50ees has the biggest weekly event going - NE corner of Kuykendahl & Louetta every Saturday evening, weather permitting. But be advised that only cars 1979 and older are allowed inside the show area. Newer cars are welcome, but they have to find parking in the public areas outside the cones. Space City Cruisers meets south of town - believe they have a website. At either of these venues, various clubs and affiliations pass out flyers for upcoming specialty and general shows. Out toward Sugar Land, near Corporate Dr and SW Freeway, Otto's BBQ also has Saturday evening gatherings. Galveston Island plays host to several shows theoughout the year, including one hosted by the American Pontiac Association. Hit up one or more of these to find where others go to hang out. For me, Niftee50ees is only about 15 minutes from the house and they routinely draw 400 or more cars, so that is where I spend most of my Sat. evenings.

The really big annual show is AutoRama - held indoors at the George R. Brown over the 4-day Thanksgiving weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.