Firebird Nation banner

1981 Esprit

844 views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  billymagg 
#1 ·
Well the first spot is the size of a quarter, and not all the way through I don't think?, but through a couple of layers, under the seat belt reel and butted into the right rear outboard seam,,, butts into the sealer seam.. I had planned to mig weld the floor up by running a couple of beads and then sanding them down and cleaning and rust treating. The sealer seam does worry me? has anybody tried this on smaller areas that were not rusted through? Thanks Billy

#4 ·
Thanks guys, that is what I was thinking on both counts, she needs to go to the car wash this AM to wash some assorted dust and film off of her. She is running better, the Honey Badger and the twins like her looks, the twins want to drive her to school to "show UP the boys and their ugly diesel pick-up trucks???? she is a sweety and an awesome car from 20' ft. Very clean overall but the re-bop paint was poorly prepared and applied?

#5 ·
Thanks guys, that is what I was thinking on both counts, she needs to go to the car wash this AM to wash some assorted dust and film off of her. She is running better, the Honey Badger and the twins like her looks, the twins want to drive her to school to "show UP the boys and their ugly diesel pick-up trucks???? she is a sweety and an awesome car from 20' ft. Very clean overall but the re-bop paint was poorly prepared and applied?

Oh realllyyyyy???!!!!!! LOL

Some of us boys have both

Attachments

#7 ·
I used to hate the farmer kids and their trucks when I was in high school but once I got older and started having to haul things around like Harleys and lawn mowers, I realized that I really needed a truck too so I decided on a diesel. The sound, the power and the mileage can't be beat. Plus, it's fun to stomp ricers from stoplight to stoplight.

#8 ·

Attachments

#12 ·
Not a chance in h*ll. I love guns, diesel trucks, fast cars, and aerosol cans. I don't know how people live in California. mmmmm, love me some AVGAS. JP-8+100 is a lot better formula than JP-4. I used to work on F-15's (C and D models) in the Air Force. Not saying I snuck a little aviation fuel out here and there, just saying my buddy might have.

Would a liberal drive these

2001 Lingenfelter Z06 - 530 hp

2006 F250 FX4 Lariat - 190# injectors, MBRP exhaust, Turbonetics turbo upgrade, K&N, SCT eco-tune - 450 hp, 650 ft.# torque

1977 Firebird Formula - stock

#15 ·
Never worked on any Jets. But but I married into a family that had small planes. The dad had a V-tail Bonanza. He bought a little Colt for TJ (my wife) to learn in. She got her license as soon as she was old enuff. I went up with both of them. It was my 1st times to fly. I was shocked at how much acceleration those little planes have. I was expecting a very gradually, long, smooth take off. But instead, they hit the throttle and pushed me right back in my seat. I reckin that's why TJ had no problems driving a drag car.

And then, I was expecting the flight to be smooth as glass. Nope, the Colt was a buckin bronc. The little pockets of turbulence felt like going too fast over a dirt road with lots of pot holes in it. And I'll never forget my 1st landing in the Bonanza. There was a fairly strong crosswind that day. So when we were only a few feet off the runway, it was out my side window instead of the front windshield where I thought it should be. But, right before we touched down, he turned it to the right and set'r down perfectly--nothin to it. He'd been flying for a long time.

TJ's brother also flew and did some flight instruction. He's still a flight instructor and does some charter flights, even co pilots on a pretty fast turbo prop of some kind. He recently bought a small, old sporty plane of some kind. TJ knows the name, but i don't.

Here's a pic of TJ and the Colt about the time she got her license.

Attachments

#17 ·
Very sweet gentlemen, I also flew a few Aero-Club aircraft with my Dad at Little Rock AFB, although I now live in Central Obamastan, I was born in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and I also enjoy playing with my flight simulator, I have the acceleration pac with an F-18, as well as the YF-23 and C-130, it is pretty kool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.