Firebird Nation: 94 firebird foglights (not transam bumper) - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

94 firebird foglights (not transam bumper) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Swift17 

• Pontiac Firebird Newbie
  • Pip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Full Member
  • First Name:Brad
  • City:Chilliwack
  • State or Province:BC
  • Interests:I am musician (guitar, bass, drums) an artist (graphic, paint, beginner airbrush) and i love cars (dad owns 78 corvette) i love working on my car, and guitars, making them look, and sound great, and making them my own.
  • Year: 1995
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Trans am
  • Engine: 5.7 v8
  • Transmission: 6 speed

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Im looking into installing foglights into my front bumper. Ive noticed that many people have done this. I need tips on how to do this. And where and how to hook them up. And how to mount them. I'm wanting I remove the black plastic pieces in the portholes and mount them behind the bumper to give it a custom but factory look. I don't want to just mount them in front of the bumper holes. It looks too tacky. Need tips and opinions :)

#2 User is offline   brarei200 

• Firebird Master Tech.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • First Name:Brandon
  • City:Birdsboro
  • State or Province:PA
  • Interests:Firebirds
    Motocross
    Computers
  • Year: 1997
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 3.8L v6
  • Transmission: Automatic

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Check Ebay for LT1 SLP fog lights. Your also gonna need to run a switch to below the head light cobtrols area. There should be a spot for it.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Swift17 

• Pip
  • View gallery
  • Interests:I am musician (guitar, bass, drums) an artist (graphic, paint, beginner airbrush) and i love cars (dad owns 78 corvette) i love working on my car, and guitars, making them look, and sound great, and making them my own.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

brarei200, on 07 December 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

Check Ebay for LT1 SLP fog lights. Your also gonna need to run a switch to below the head light cobtrols area. There should be a spot for it.

Nothing came up when I searched that. And my car isn't a trans am. Just has base model bumper. And thanks

#4 User is offline   GaryDoug 

• Ramblin' Wreck
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • First Name:Gary
  • City:Florida West Coast
  • State or Province:FL
  • Interests:EE from Ga Tech, but I can't fix your TV, so don't ask ;-)
  • Year: 1998
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: 5.7L LS1
  • Transmission: 4L60-E Auto

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

I could be wrong about this, but after viewing the parts manual, I am thinking the fog lamps are the same for all models of that year and only the "cover" lens is different. The parts manual only shows one assembly for the lamp but different covers.
Also, I would suspect that the wiring is already present, but you could confirm that yourself. Now, buying the complete fog lamp kit and cover from GM would be expensive (~$400 total??), but you might find them used somewhere for a lot less.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by GaryDoug: 08 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Posted Image
1998 Trans Am - LS1/A4 - all stock and almost all original - one owner - driven daily

#5 User is offline   Injuneer 

• Just Trying to Help
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrator
  • First Name:Fred
  • City:East Brunswick
  • State or Province:NJ
  • Interests:Card carrying member - NHRA and AARP! Licensed Professional Engineer (Mechanical)
  • Year: 1994
  • Model: Firebird Formula
  • Engine: 381ci LT1 stroker
  • Transmission: TH400 + O/D

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

There was a factory option for fog lights on the Firebidr/Formula models - it might have been a dealer installed option, can't remember. And when I went to hook up my AutoMeter gauge lights, I found the connector for the fog light switch in the harness, under the headlight switch. You just need to get the switch and cover piece from a junk yard.

The hole in the bumper is not fully open. It has tabs that stick out on the sides, and the studs from the black blanking insert pass through them. The crash pad leaves very little room right behind the bumper cover. I pulled the blanking inserts out and put some black mesh over the holes, hoping it would reduce wind resistance at high speeds. I have also removed the crash pad (it's a "track" car), so there is an unobstructed path for air flow.

Attached File(s)

1994 FIREBIRD FORMULA

FRED

Posted Image

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

#6 User is offline   brarei200 

• Firebird Master Tech.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • First Name:Brandon
  • City:Birdsboro
  • State or Province:PA
  • Interests:Firebirds
    Motocross
    Computers
  • Year: 1997
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: 3.8L v6
  • Transmission: Automatic

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Swift17, on 07 December 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Nothing came up when I searched that. And my car isn't a trans am. Just has base model bumper. And thanks

C'mon man, you didn't even look.

http://www.ebay.com/...610e099&vxp=mtr

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Firebird-Formula-SLP-Fog-Light-Kit-New-/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/$(KGrHqMOKp!E6Ww7)rDlBOvUb6EwSQ~~60_35.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Firebird-Formula-SLP-Fog-Light-Kit-New-/00/s/NDUwWDYwMA==/$(KGrHqEOKkEE6PK+OTUlBOvUb80tyg~~60_35.JPG
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Swift17 

• Pip
  • View gallery

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

brarei200, on 08 December 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

C'mon man, you didn't even look.

http://www.ebay.com/...610e099&vxp=mtr

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Firebird-Formula-SLP-Fog-Light-Kit-New-/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/$(KGrHqMOKp!E6Ww7)rDlBOvUb6EwSQ~~60_35.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Firebird-Formula-SLP-Fog-Light-Kit-New-/00/s/NDUwWDYwMA==/$(KGrHqEOKkEE6PK+OTUlBOvUb80tyg~~60_35.JPG

Ya I typed in lt1 slp fog lights and nothing came up. And thanks

Injuneer, on 08 December 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

There was a factory option for fog lights on the Firebidr/Formula models - it might have been a dealer installed option, can't remember. And when I went to hook up my AutoMeter gauge lights, I found the connector for the fog light switch in the harness, under the headlight switch. You just need to get the switch and cover piece from a junk yard.

The hole in the bumper is not fully open. It has tabs that stick out on the sides, and the studs from the black blanking insert pass through them. The crash pad leaves very little room right behind the bumper cover. I pulled the blanking inserts out and put some black mesh over the holes, hoping it would reduce wind resistance at high speeds. I have also removed the crash pad (it's a "track" car), so there is an unobstructed path for air flow.

I like the way that looks. And thanks

#8 User is offline   FirebirdStud 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member
  • First Name:Cody
  • City:West Minneapolis
  • State or Province:MN
  • Model: Firebird Formula
  • Engine: 384 Stroker
  • Transmission: T-56 4:10

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Did you get this kit figured out?

How did you install them?
Does every car have the fog light wiring installed? How do you find the connectors in the front bumper?
What bulbs does the SLP kit take?
How bright are the fog lights?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am ready to pull the trigger on this kit if it works out!

Many Thanks,
Cody

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users