Firebird Nation: ARP rod bolts - Firebird Nation

FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ARP rod bolts Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   garyLT1 

• Pontiac Firebird Tire Changer
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Full Member
  • First Name:Gary
  • City:Des Moines
  • State or Province:IA
  • Interests:i enjoy work on my cars and friends cars and riding atvs and hanging with my girl friend
  • Year: 1993
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Trans Am
  • Engine: 5.7 LT1
  • Transmission: 4L60

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

so i just finished building my short block on my LT1 i went with forged pistons and a stock bottom end with a high volume oil pump which came with my rebuild kit. So Im running a pretty big cam and and head package (LE1) that i bought from good old llyod elliot portworks in texas. my bottom end is built proper and torqued to specs and rods are torqued and degreed like told and everything was rebalanced due to the heavier pistons and just to be on the safe side. What my concern is should i have went with the ARP bolts rather then the stock, i know ARP bolts are stronger but do you think i should be fine? or should i pull the rods out and put ARP bolts in and if i do that, do i have to get the bottom end balanced again because that would cost me another $200 to do. so im needing advice if im safe the way i am or im not safe

This post has been edited by garyLT1: 30 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users