Firebird Nation banner

Long Islanders??

6K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Cavallino 
#1 ·
Anyone from the island? Where does everyone go to hang out? Where do people take their cars to race (legally and street?)

#2 ·
I live in Queens but worked all my life on the Island, I use to work nights for Terry's in Garden City Park and days for Flower Hill in Roslyn and finally for Flipses in Glen Cove, also worked a year or two for Nuzzi in New Hyde Park Village. I even had a house in New Hyde Park, lets just say divorce is a bitch.....lol.

I use to sometimes go up to Nathans on Long Beach rd in Oceanside but its been a while, and before that was Deer Park Rd. and Tri-County parking lot in I believe was Levitown.......

As for legal tracks it is usually Englishtown in NJ. Do you know if Hampton raceway is still around? Other then that I use to frequent some <cough> street <cough> racing at special locations.

Cheers,
~Lou

#4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Oh sorry I wanted to add Terry's was a restoration shop and state wide car club that did shows at the Nassau Colliseum, movies and television and where I honed my spraying and paint detailing abilities, Flipses was a restoration shop that did many cars for shows nationaly and where I honed my body work skills. Fower Hill was an autobody shop that specialized in super cars and hi end autos...... also where my hatred began for the business....lol. Nuzzi was just a body shop I worked for that finalized my hatred for the business...........

#3 ·
Same here, I been in Queens all my life, I have a few friends out on the Island, Carle Place, Glen Cove, Merrick, Garden City. As for racing, the meadowbrook late at night works well. lol

#7 ·
I'm from Long Island and usually go to the Bellmore and more recently the Massapequa train stations..
They have a whole bunch of different cars so you get to meet a lot of different people..
The Bellmore train station is usually the bigger of the two but the Mass. train station is more organized!!

#8 ·
i went to the bellmore train station back in may with my buddy and his '00 firehawk. saw a really nice red '79 trans am there.

i was born and raised in the city itself, manhattan. i'm trying to move back... not sure if that would make me carless or not :/

#10 ·
i went to the bellmore train station back in may with my buddy and his '00 firehawk. saw a really nice red '79 trans am there.
I know the exact guy you're talking about!! I saw him and started talking about his car..
He said he bought it from some guy in Maine for about $8k...

There was another guy selling a 78 TA for about $4k..
It needed a little bit of work but looked pretty solid...

#16 ·
I'm in Hicksville. There is Oyster Bay on Tuesdays, which i think is done now. and Bellmore on Fridays. As far as the Long Island dragway in East Hampton. Its been closed for years. Its a retirement community now. (Grrrrr!!!!!) I spend many a weekend there with my Cadillac powered station wagon with nitrous. Ahhhh... the good ol days!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.