FirebirdNation.com is the premier Pontiac Firebird forum on the internet. Supporting Members do not see the above ads.
Photo

Third race/ First win

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Letsrollracer

Letsrollracer

Letsrollracer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • First Name:Tyler
  • City:Sandy summer/ Saint George during school year
  • State or Province:UT
  • Interests:I love to drag race as I said in my about me page I have drag raced since I was 11 in a Jr. Dragster. I am currently attending Dixie State College in Saint George Utah, where I am majoring in Visual Technologies I plan to become a Graphic designer once I graduate from college.
  • Year: 1991
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird
  • Engine: LO3 305 CI 5.0 L
  • Transmission: 700r4 auto 4

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

Okay last Friday I took the Bird out for my third race. And it was hot over 100 degrees! My first pass I ran a 17.03 With a -.008 light but it was good still because I left the line at 1100 rpms without spinning the tires!!! It was also cool because my class high school that I run in usually has four cars that show up. So you win one round and you are in the finals. But not this race a whopping seven showed up to play. My second pass I ran a 16.87 with a .085 light. (yes I finally got my lights were I want them!!!) In the first round I raced a jr dragster racer named Russell. It was a good race but in the end he broke giving me the win! Then in the second round I had to race Aspen Hall yet again we have had to race every time I go out their. Now last week she beat the crap out of me. But before I tell you who wpon a little back round Aspen still races Jr's and in the first round she blew her motor. So she was not happy and I quote "Tyler you are going to get your ass kicked in high school". Now I thought about letting her win race because of her bad luck and I felt bad about her motor. But after that little statement it was on! We end up getting the same light a .134 I think it was sooo close at the end it reminded me of all the close races I had in my Jr. But she just could not catch my Firebird And I beat her by .01 seconds about the blink of an eye. In the finals I had to race some rice civic (easy picking) But it was all over on the starting line with him red lighting. So I was the high school champ for that night!!! It was even more sweet when My teammate "Tricky Ricky Bax" took second in Jr dragster!! This also rocket me from sixth to third in points!!! So I do have one second place in the firebird My first race out But their was only four cars So I just beat one person And then got beat so it was not that big of a deal.
1991 Fire bird with a possi rear end with 410 gears, and a K and N air and oil filter and some royal purple, also a Flow master 3 inch stainless steel exhaust.Hey Imports call me when you find the other half of your engine.

Posted Image

#2 rusnrno

rusnrno

Old and Slow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts
  • First Name:Russ
  • City:Reno, Nevada
  • State or Province:NV
  • Interests:*Edit- Free, single and loving it! My two grown children and my Grandson and Granddaughter. My Firebird, Snow skiing, MMA fighting, woodworking, home and auto electronics, camping, rafting, work, and sleep.
  • Year: 1996
  • Make: Pontiac
  • Model: Firebird Formula
  • Engine: LT1
  • Transmission: M6

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:57 PM

Congrats Tyler!
That's a good story. It's great to hear your enthusiasm for LEGAL drag racing. It sounds like you are dialing in your Firebird and on your way to a championship some day in Top Fuel Dragster.

Keep it up and keep on posting your stories. :( OOPS! :) No beer for you! LOL
Posted Image
RIP Jay
I miss you already Bro'.
RIP-Brother Rat
1996 Formula
LT1, M6,Eaton Posi, Moser Axles, 4.10 Gears
CC305 Cam, Crane 10308-1 Valve Springs, Crane 11746 NSA 1.6 Full Roller Rockers, Trik Flow pushrods, LT4 timing set, Accel injectors, OBD1 conversion, CATS tuning software,
ARP head bolts and rocker studs,
no AC, no AIR, PCM tuned by ME, Pacesetter LT headers, no cats, SLP fan switch, UMI Lower Control Arms, UMI Panhard Bar, UMI LCA Relocation Brackets, UMI Tunnel mount Torque Arm, Edelbrock Strut tower bar, Billet valve covers, Drop Zone 1.8" lowering springs, LT4 Knock module, MSD6AL Ignition, Taylor Wires, B&M Shifter, Hypertech 160 T-stat, Power Slot brake rotors, Ram Air hood(functional), TA front bumper, Home-built "Stealth" sub enclosures, Torque Thrust II wheels with 275/40/17s, Toyo Proxes Drag Radials

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users