Firebird Nation banner

AC Delco fuel pump modules

909 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  kamesama980 
#1 ·
Has anyone had any good or bad luck using the acdelco fuel pump assy's ... MU1731(v6) or MU1730(v8). I purchased one and was disappointed with what I received. The module had 2 spring rods holding the top and basket as opposed to the original having 3.The fuel strainer is supposedly internal now. The box it came in was a plain brown box, the electrical plug bag wasn't marked acdelco(it was a plain clear bag) and no instructions came with it. I purchased it from RockAuto, and immediately called them up to voice my disgust with what is supposed to be an OEM part. Their web site does state that it may have 2 or 3 rods, and an internal filter... but quite honestly, it looks as cheaply made as any Chinese made product you'ld expect. It states made in Mexico, but I would've expected that acdelco would at least require the manufacturer to put it in an acdelco marked box.Has anyone used this acdelco pump and had good luck with it? Just would like to know what to expect, since I installed it anyway. (needed car on road, and rockauto had always sold me quality parts... didn't want to spend 380 plus from local supplier, and didn't want to wait to return and get different pump from rock auto)So now its installed... fingers are crossed....

#2 ·
Sounds normal to me. things like the number of rods might have been a mid-year change or different factories. I've heard of similar things before across manufacturers. A lot of the time, surplus parts from older models gets sold wholesale from 1st tier mfrs to other companies who re-sell it under their own name. This is done to clear out their warehouse space and make room for new (more popular and profitable) models. Hence the unmarked box and lack of documentation. I've never had a problem with parts from Rockauto and I've bought more than a few.

as for country of origin...nothing new there. when the unions want $20/hr to put a bolt in and the CEO makes muliple millions either the parts cost an arm and a leg or production gets outsourced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.